Tuesday 13 August 2013

Patterns in Nature



Today I find myself  inspired to look at travel photography after I just booked my holiday to India last night. In travel guides you get the most amazing, colourful images of beautiful places and faces from around the world. It got me thinking about travel photography and I came across these wonderful images from German photographer Michael Poliza. He uses a helicopter to get aerial images of landscapes in Africa and beyond. I thought these ones looked like amazing fabrics for fabrics or abstract paintings.













Michael Poliza grew up in Hamburg, Germany. Between 2002 and 2009 Michael Poliza lived in Cape Town, South Africa, spending lots of time photographing in the game reserves and nature parks of Southern Africa. The book AFRICA was launched in 2006, followed by the book EYES OVER AFRICA in 2007. Poliza moved back to Hamburg in 2009, published the book ANTARCTIC, opened a gallery and was named ambassador of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).

No comments:

Post a Comment